Liquor and Gaming NSW > Liquor > Serving alcohol responsibly


How to become an RSA or RCG course trainer

If you want to become a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) course trainer, apply directly to the Registered Training Organisation (RTO).

​RSA trainers must have:

​ ​​RCG trainers must have:

  • at least 3 years' experience as a supervisor or manager dealing
    with gaming machines in a hotel or registered club - or equivalent experience
  • a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from an RTO — or equivalent qualifications.

The Secretary of NSW Department of Justice must approve of any "equivalent experience and qualifications". You must make the submission in writing and state:

  • what the experience is
  • ​why we should consider it equivalent.

​​Send submissions to: Manager, Customer Service and Assessment by post to GPO Box 7060, Sydney NSW 2001 or by email to

For help, call 1300 024 720 or email

Notification of employed trainers

Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) must tell OLGR whom
they are employing as RSA and RCG trainers by using the Trainer notification form (PDF, 272KB). 

​Related links

Service NSW​